WHY TRAIN TO BE A LOCKSMITH?
PROVIDE A NEEDED SERVICE. EARN A GOOD INCOME.
The need for security services has never been greater. There are over 70,000,000 households, 14,000,000 offices, 123,467,000 automobiles, and 35,382,000 trucks and buses in service in the U.S. today. Every one of them has locks. Every one of those locks needs to be installed, serviced, and occasionally replaced. You can work for yourself, work for an established locksmith, or work for an institution like a hospital, university, or even a prison!
As a professional locksmith, you are a skilled worker, an expert in your field who will be a respected member of your community, providing a real service for your neighbors, local businesses and institutions, helping them protect their most valuable assets. Citizens will be trusting you with the locks on their homes, schools, offices, and cars!
The average wage for a locksmith is now $48.00 an hour,* and you can earn even more with the 50% to 100% mark-up you get on parts and supplies you sell as a routine part of your service.
Other facts you should know about locksmithing:
• The work is light and not strenuous (unless you decide to install safes).
• You can be your own boss, with your own business.
• You can work full or part time, as much as you want. You can tailor the work to fit your lifestyle, choosing the jobs that you want to do.
• You can work from home, in a small shop or from a mobile shop.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS.
If you decide to enroll in the program, you'll be able to train to become a locksmith at home through an online course administered by Foley-Belsaw Locksmithing, a respected school that has been running programs like this for over 90 years. The program offers these important advantages:
• You'll be able to get your locksmithing certificate in as little as 6 months or even less, learning in your own home, at your own pace. Take up to a FULL YEAR to finish the course. That's less than 1 lesson a week.
• You'll be able to keep your current job while you learn locksmithing.
• In most areas, you will be permitted to start earning money as a locksmith while you take the course. Many participants will make back the cost of enrollment — and much more — this way. Check with your local laws regarding possible licensing requirements (go to www.aloa.org for more information).
• You will receive the tools, supplies and materials you need to master the trade. These will be shipped to you after you enroll.
• Enrollment is very inexpensive, only $675 with the basic supplies plus shipping
• You can work anywhere in the country or other parts of the world!
• After you complete the program, you will receive ongoing technical assistance from Foley-Belsaw Locksmithing, access to technical information and updates on training, information on current business opportunities, and access to our online store of parts and tools.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Most of our graduates open their own small business or go to work for an established locksmith. However, locksmithing skills are also a great skill to have if you are working as a handyman, security guard, or maintenance at a large company, school or hospital. In fact, the Federal Bureau of Prisons trains many of their staff with the Foley Belsaw Locksmithing Program.
It can also be an ideal profession if you are physically challenged. You do not need a college degree or even a high school diploma. If you are under age 18, please have a legal guardian purchase the course on your behalf.