Bump Halt Kit for KIK/KIL/KID Cylinders 1500BH-00-10
- Kit to Convert Key-in-Knob, Key-in-Lever, Key-in-Deadbolt cylinders
- No special tools and/or machining is required
- Conversion kits contain 10 pins and 10 springs
- One spring and one pin will provide resistance to bumping
- Adding an additional pin and spring will increase the security
- Innovative Patent Pending solution to bumping
Ilco recommends using a pin chamber, starting with the second space, which contains a number 3 or smaller bottom pin. Remove the spring and top pin from the pin chamber and replace with the Bump Halt top pin and spring. Insert the Top Spring into the Bible of the lock and then insert the Bump Halt Pin. The Bump Halt Pin is inserted so that the smaller diameter goes into the Top Spring.
Only one spring and one pin are required to resist bumping; installing two pins and springs increase the security.